Thursday

SarahCuda!



Governor Sarah Palin had a nickname as she played basketball in high school- "barracuda."  I think JoeBama is in trouble.  After watching tonight's RNC coverage of Palin's speech, I'm even more impressed than I thought I'd be.  Earlier today the news stations were saying that she would come out and speak about herself and let us get to know who she is.  They said she wasn't going to come out tonight and be an attack dog.  If that was just her letting us "get to know her," I feel sorry for Biden in the debates to come.  Joey's slick and he thinks he's cool and he knows it all, after all- he's a Delawarean.  That automatically makes him cocky.  If he doesn't go into this with more than his nice little smile and dorky haircut, she might just wipe the floor with him.  She seemed to hold up pretty well under all of the emotion and pressure of the evening, even when there was a slight teleprompter problem. I'm sure no one missed the line- "You know the difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull? LIPSTICK!" Oh man, what a scream! About 3/4's of the way through her speech I was hoping someone was standing somewhere by a blackboard with a piece of chalk marking how many digs she got in on the rivals. She even made these digs with a big smile on her face. She's good. I don't know- Palin for Prez '12?

3 comments:

Craig Daliessio said...

Glad you joined the dark brooding underworld of the blogosphere. I liked your take on Madam V.P.
Hope eveything is going well

Craig Daliessio said...

Don't know if you caught this but Anne and Nancy Wilson of "Heart" fame sent a "Cease and Desist" order to the RNC after they played their hit "Barracuda" at the end of the convention, because of Sarah Palin's nickname. Two things instantly came to mind. One: I'm sure the RNC paid the proper ASCAP royalties and as long as they do, I don't think you can stop them from playing it.
Two: Isn't the saying "there is no bad press" still relevant? I mean, when is the last time anyone heard from the Wilson sisters? Anne has apparently been doing a lot of sitting around and eating and I don't know what nancy has done but it's been a LONG time since anyone heard as much as a burp out of them. The fact that about 38 million people were sitting around and a lot of them were saying "hey!...that's Barracuda, by Heart!...I wonder what they're up to these days?" should be considered nothing but good, right?
Another personification of "Shut up and Sing!"

John Willis said...

Well, the lyrics to Barracuda were so good, they wouldn't want anyone mistaking them for anything that would make any real sense at a RNC.