Monday

Is Grace Enough?

2 Corinthians 12.9 is a familiar little verse in the Bible to many. "My grace is enough; it's all you need. My strength comes into its own in your weakness..." For some reason as I started thinking about the medical difficulties I've been through, I started thinking about the migraines I've been getting for the better part of my life. I have prayed a hundred times or more for God to take away that pain. It can vary from a dull toothache type of pain all the way to the feeling of downing a super large Slurpee and getting a permanent brain freeze, then someone trying to get rid of it for you by jamming an ice pick in your eyeball. Sorry for the description. I could go on to describe all of the affects due to an extremely heightened 5 senses, but I digress. So finally I start getting enough of these migraines that I go to a doctor a few years ago to see if I can get some relief from these things. One of the first medicines the doctor tries is a very common med for a number of things. It works for a while, when it doesn't seem to be as effective, he increases the dosage. About 3 months before going and getting tested and finding out I have an aortic root aneurism, he takes me off of it and starts trying something else. Then, as you may know, I go right back on it for the aneurism. Well, while I was praying for the migraines to go away, maybe God was allowing them to happen so that I would get the proper medicine until they discovered the aneurism and I would be on it for that? Or...... maybe it's all just a big coincidence? Either way, His grace is enough- His strength is made perfect in my weakness. I know I have to rely on His strength because I am weak.

No comments: